Worksheet Column Reordering

We're using worksheets to present particular selections of data to particular groups of users. Some of these worksheets have a large number of columns (200+). I'm trying to control the order the columns appear in the list in the Data sidebar in the Search interface. We have many instances where columns are semantically related and our users are used to seeing them grouped together.

I'm hoping there's any easy way to do this and I'm just missing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, it makes it very hard to deal with the creation/editing of large worksheets to not be able to manually order the columns in the editing interface. Maybe I'm missing something there too?

Thanks for any assistance!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • @Joe Bloom thanks for the feedback! The column names will only display alphabetically in both the sidebar and the worksheet interface. You could add prefixes to the columns you want to display together.

• Vanessa McAfee Thanks for the response. They are ordered alphabetically in the sidebar. In the Worksheet -> Edit interface they are grouped by source table, but the source table order, and the column order within source table, is inscrutable to me. It looks like some combination of source table column order and recently added.

Anyway, looks like I need to submit a feature request in ZenDesk. Will do!

Thanks,

Joe

Like1 Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 506Views
  • 3 Following