True Waterfall Chart

Is there a way to create a waterfall chart which shows the differences in values as opposed to %'s?  In the image attached, the TS chart (Left) shows the change by a % however, the end users want to see this as a value.  Do I have to create a formula for the differences and then use this differences in a water fall chart, or is there a way for the Growth Of options to show values as opposed to %.  If I have to create a formula, does anyone have the formula framework so I don't have to reinvent the formula for changes between the values (years).

2nd question - is there anyplace on the TS road map to allow for individual changes the values?  meaning positive is green and negatives are red?

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Greig DeSautel - You will need to create a formula to calculate the differences.  Here's an example that i created using data in our demo environment.  Let me know if this works for you.

Like 1
  • thanks - i'll give it a try..  

• Greig DeSautel I am also following up on getting some color choices in there so you could use, for example, green for positive and red for negative. I can't give a time frame but I think it's a good request.

Like 1
  • Greig DeSautel - One quick update on my earlier example.  You should actually be able to remove the start_of_month() function from your calculation.  The advantage that removing this function provides is that the calculation will by dynamic based on the date grain of your search (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).

Like 1
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 2 mths agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 38Views
  • 3 Following