Limits of Pivot Table
What are the current 'official' limits of a Pivot Table? How many rows and columns can be managed before the tool blanks and says "The search returned too many results. Please filter to enable pivot table."?
Is this a feature that is going to be expanded to handle more rows? Our users love pivot tables..
These are the following limitations for pivot tables:
The pivot table chart type has these limitations:
- Only the first 10,000 data values are used. If you would like to increase this limit, please contact ThoughtSpot Support.
- Pivot table is not available if the dataset contains more than 100,000 rows.
- Cardinality is not configurable.
- Show underlying data menu is unavailable.
- Conditional formatting is not functional.
Hey Tracie ,
We understand that our customers have large amounts of data and displaying more of it in one view, whether that be a chart or table, is definitely on our roadmap.
This feature cuts across our product and we want to make sure we bring you this functionality with performance and delight. We can’t yet give a specific release date but we are designing our new features with your big data in mind and hope to have improvements in this area in mid to late 2020