ODBC Update query is giving error - SSIS

I have configured the Execute SQL task in SSIS with ODBC ThoughtSpot connection. I'm getting this error when I'm writing the query manually. This is the similar error I'm getting while performing delete operation.

Query

update "schemaname"."tablename" set "field_varchar" = 'notupdated' where 1=1;

Error Observed:

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "update "schemaname"."tablename" ..." failed with the following error: "[ThoughtSpot][SQLEngine] (31480) syntax error near 'update "schemaname"."tablename" set "field_varchar" = 'updated' where 1=1;<<< ??? >>>'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi,

At the moment our ODBC driver does not support the UPDATE statement or DELETEs with a where clause - it's used primarily for insert operations and we support an internal UPSERT (update rows where primary keys match) - there are a few details here:

https://docs.thoughtspot.com/5.0/data-connect/setup/about-incremental.html

I believe that we will soon be providing an update to ODBC/JDBC capability to address this but can't give you a specific timescale.

Thanks,

Stuart

Reply Like
  • Stuart, any idea when the ODBC driver will be updated to support this functionality?

Reply Like
  • DELETE with a WHERE clause has been supported since 4.5.1.7, the docs have only recently caught up to reflect that.

Reply Like
  • Any update on UPDATE script using ODBC driver

Reply Like
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 1 mth agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 143Views
  • 5 Following